Resetting the ‘Service due’ reminder on the BMW 5 Series is easy to do yourself and it doesn’t require any tools. The instructions here apply to the BMW 5 Series F10 and F11 which were manufactured from 2010 to 2016.
You will need to do this after changing the oil since most likely the ‘Service Oil’ indicator has popped up and that’s what prompted you to change the oil. Brake fluid and other reminders on the BMW work the same way.
Here are the steps for resetting:
- Get in the car and close all the doors
- Press the Start/Stop button (without pressing on the brake pedal, so not starting the car)
- Clear the reminders from the dashboard by pressing the dashboard button
- Hold down the dashboard button until you get into the service menu and then release
- Press the dashboard button to scroll through the service menu items to find the one you want to reset
- Hold down the dashboard button until it asks you do you want to reset, you can release at this point
- Start holding the button again to perform the reset
The below video will show you quick steps on how to reset the ‘Service Oil’ reminder on the BMW 5 Series F10 / F11.
This article applies to the below car models:
- BMW 5 Series F10 / F11 2010
- BMW 5 Series F10 / F11 2011
- BMW 5 Series F10 / F11 2012
- BMW 5 Series F10 / F11 2013
- BMW 5 Series F10 / F11 2014
- BMW 5 Series F10 / F11 2015
- BMW 5 Series F10 / F11 2016
Please let me know in the comments below if these instructions didn’t work for you or if this was helpful for some other models not listed above.